Online Course – Basic Course on Creative Craft in Film Producing from 18th to 22nd Oct. 2021
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune under its ‘FTII Online’ initiative, announces Online Course – Basic Course on Creative Craft in Film Producing from 18th to 22nd Oct. 2021. The course will be conducted by the Film Production Dept., FTII, Pune.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Name of the Course: Basic Course on Creative Craft in Film Producing (Online)
(2) Dates: 18th to 22nd Oct. 2021 (05 days)
(3) Timings:10.30 am to 12.30 pm and 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm (Indian Standard Time – IST)
(4) Max. no. of participants: 40 (Course will be conducted only if min. strength of 32 participants is reached)
(5) Age:18 years & above as on 01st Oct. 2021 (participants born on or before 30th Sept. 2003)
(6) Educational Qualification: HSC (12th pass). In exceptional cases, 10th pass may be considered
(7) Online Platform: Google Classroom & Google Meet platform
(8) Medium of Instructions: Mainly English & Partly Hindi
(9) Per Participant Course fee:
(a) For Indian Nationals: Rs 3,900/- (base fee = Rs 3,305/- and GST = Rs 595/-)
(b) For Foreigners including NRI, OCI etc. and also those Indian Nationals who are presently staying outside India: Rs 11,700/- (base fee = Rs 9,915/-/- and GST = Rs 1,785/-).
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
(10) Mode of payment: Online through SBI Collect (along with application form).
(11) Due date & time: to submit application: 20th Sept. 2021, 6 pm IST. Application submitted after due date & time will not be considered.
(12) Selection Criteria: On First – Come – First – Served Basis.List of selected participants will be published on our website and selection emails will also be sent to all the selected participants.
(13) Online platform: FTII will be using “Google Classroom” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class including login id & password will be shared with each selected participant in the selection email.
(14) Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate.
(15) MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities;
(i) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 4 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(ii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iii) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(iv) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(v) Compatible HD webcam
(vi) Internet pack of minimum 5 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(vii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
(16) Course Director: Surajit Dhar
A Post Graduate in Cinema from Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, in 1988, Surajit is a Member of EIMPA & Screen Writers' Association of India, Mumbai. He has directed three Bengali feature films “Pa Ma Ga Re Saa”, “Megh Roddur” & “Britto”. His feature film “Rendezvous Revisited” is currently at post production stage. Surajit has shot several Television Commercials and corporate films with esteemed clients at India and abroad.
As Vice President, Creative with New York based Innovative Solutions Inc., he has conceptualized and designed a Bengali broadcast channel, across the East coast of U.S and functioned as Media Director in the production of the digitised version of anthology of Tagore's songs,Gitabitan.
Surajit had been the General Manager, Television Software, for Netguru Inc, at Los Angeles & Kolkata. He has been a Media Advisor of Publicity Forum Kolkata. He served as Director with CMM Studios, Mumbai, Sr. Film Exec.& Producer with Jain Satellite Television, New Delhi, Sr.Editor, Plus Channel Mumbai, Director-BMMI, Pritish Nandy Comm.to Director-Editor,ZeeTV Mumbai. A keen cineaste, Surajit has made series of documentaries commissioned by NAIP ICAR, CRRI, Directorate of Extension, Ministry of Agriculture, GOI.
He has been a Visiting Faculty at SRFTI, Reliance Big Aims Media Institute and NSHM, Techno India Gr. Gandhi Gr. Inst. Rupam Inst, Jaipur and many other film and media schools in India. Presently, he has been engaged as Associate Professor, Film Production in FTII, Pune.
(17) How to apply:
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “Basic Course on Creating Craft in Film Producing O”.
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 3,900/- OR Rs 11,700/- as the case may be.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached.Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
(18) Communication with participants: All communications with the participants will be carried out through email only. List of shortlisted participants may be published on FTII website and selection email will be sent to the selected participants on their registered email id.
(19) Certificates: All participants would be given participation e-certificates on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(20) Queries: For any queries please contact Madhulika on email@example.com
(For aspiring independent film makers, producers, line producers, associate producers, production supervisors, production assistants and assistant directors – Course for understanding of a Producer’s role & work flow craft in Film &TV productions. 5 days X 4 hrs each day i.e. 2 sessions of 2 hrs each, pre lunch and post lunch.)
Outline of the course and prime areas of focus:
The history of Producing with reference to its current practice in India and abroad; Independent cinema- Analysis of Producing decision & Business plan mechanism. Preparation of Pre-production docket, with special focus on Project pitching for securing finance -Understanding Content Ideation – Sourcing and story acquisition of Rights (option/ outright) – Branding as a Key role for creating and maintaining competitive advantage; Promotional activity at the Pre Production Stage -Scheduling .
The hierarchy of command chain in the Production team with reference to responsibilities- the Producers' role vis-à-vis workflow at various stages of Production: Introduction to key resources involved and their financial implications: Reconnaissance: Location study and addressing considerations for Creative – Technical-Financials-Logistics-Fundamentals of Drafting: for Agreements Crew/Cast/Rental Outfits- Standard customised Indian formats, for Registrations. I.P.R.
Break down: Scene-cast / Location-cast/ Script break down (colour coding) for Production purpose.- Scheduling-Basic knowledge of techno-aesthetics involved – Key equipment, studio facilities, Senior crews – Daily Technician's rates and charges – Guild rates, Cine Worker's federation: modalities-functioning & practices. Basics of Production/ Principal Shooting – stages & plan. Budgeting for various forms of Films.
Introduction to Marketing, Promotion, & Distribution as also Release strategies & Censorship guidelines