Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune
Basic Course in Comic Acting
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT) initiative announces ‘Basic Course in Comic Acting’ in FTII, Pune.
Details of the course are as stated below;
Course Objectives: To use the dynamic, vibrant benefits of comedy to improve one’s overall personality development, combat stress, develop better body language, enhance lateral thinking, hone one’s voice and breathing skills and dramatically improve focus and concentration.
• Breath-work and Voice-work to build strong vocal range and resonance
• Games and Activities to improve focus, concentration and reflexes
• Theatre exercises to encourage the process of lateral thinking to understand the various genres of humour
• Introducing the participants to the works of great comics, viewing and discussing their styles
• Enabling the execution of various styles of comedy like stand-up, crosstalk, wordplay, mime, clowning, abstract and many others
• Encouraging and enabling creative release
• Scene-work and roleplay exercises to understand how to use the different styles effectively
• Constant focus on entertainment and fun to ensure that the entire process is stress-busting, motivating and rejuvenating for the participants.
(1) Dates: 08th to 12th May 2019 (05 days including Sat & Sun)
(2) Timings: 10 am to 5 pm
(3) Total no. of participants: 24
(4) Nationality: Indian
(5) Age: 18 years & above as on 01.05.2019
(6) Educational Qualifications: HSC (12th pass), in exceptional cases 10th pass will also be considered
(7) Venue: FTII, Pune
(8) Fees: Rs 7,100/- per participant (Course Fees is inclusive of GST)
(9) Mode of Payment: Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Film & TV Institute of India, Pune”, and should be payable at Pune)
(10) Faculty Member: Shri Joy Fernandes
(11) Faculty Profile: Joy has nearly three decades of experience on stage, both nationally and internationally. His international work includes playing the comic lead ‘Nick Bottom’ in the internationally acclaimed version of Shakespeare’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ directed by Tim Supple which ran for over 250 successful shows in India, US, UK, Canada, Europe and Australia.
He also played the principal character of ‘Shantilal’ in the commercial hit ‘Merchants of Bollywood’ directed by Toby Gough and was part of their successful tours in UK, China, Australia & Singapore.
Joy has also acted for, worked and workshopped with theatre stalwarts like Dame Cicely Berry, Irshad Panjatan, Catherine Dubois, Naseerudin Shah, Rajat Kapoor, Ramu Ramanathan, Danish Hussain and others. He has acted in, written, directed and produced several successful plays over the years.
He has acted in several feature films (Jajantaram Mamantaram, Paanch, Dasvidanya etc), and directed, scripted and acted for several TV shows, ads, web-series, stand-up gigs, conceived and hosted events etc. He has trained every age and personality profile in voice and drama and is a member of the Guest Faculty for Comedy and Improvisation, at the prestigious Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in Pune.
He conducts theatre therapy for corporates under his brand, EnterTrainment. Humour, comedy, wit and satire are an integral part of Joy and passionately show up in most of his work.
(12) How to apply: Download the application form from website of FTII, fill–in all the details, attach required Demand Draft and deliver it in person or speed post to;
Shri Milind Joshi,
Film & Television Institute of India,
Law College Road,
Pune 411 004
so as to reach on or before 22nd April 2019 by 5 pm.”
On the envelope of application at the top left, please write “Application for Basic Course in Comic Acting”. Incomplete applications and applications received after due date & time will be rejected.
(13) Medium of Instructions: English – Hindi.
(14) Short-listing: On First – Come – First – Served basis. Selected candidates/ their parents would be communicated by email/ phone. Course fees of the selected candidates will be non – refundable. Demand Drafts of all non – selected candidates would be returned within 07 days of the commencement of the course.
(15) Certificates: On successful completion of the course, participants would be given participation certificates subject to 90% attendance.
(16) Queries: For queries email to email@example.com or call Shri Milind Joshi 09423889494 only on weekdays (Monday – Friday between 10 am to 5.30 pm)