List of Selected Participants for Foundation Course in Screenplay Writing in Lucknow, from 09th to 19th Jan. 2023
|First Name||Middle Name||Last Name|
Foundation Course in Screenplay Writing in Lucknow, from 09th to 19th Jan. 2023
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune under its ‘Centre For Open Learning (CFOL)’ program in association with Subhash Chandra Bose Film & Television Institute (SCBFTI), Lucknow, announces on-campus Short Course – Foundation Course in Screenplay Writing in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
Following are the details in this regard;
Course fee is excluding breakfast, lunch, tea/ coffee, snacks etc.
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be refunded within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement. Also, due to COVID19 or any other reason, if the course is cancelled by FTII, course fee will be refunded.
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “O1 Foundation Course in Screenplay Writing Lucknow”
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 17,500/-.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached. Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Also, it is presumed that participants will be staying and or attending the course at their own risk & cost and FTII will not be held responsible for anything or matter of what-so-ever nature. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction in all respect will be final.
Art and Different means of Expression
We will explore and understand Art. It’s importance in our life and various forms of its expression.
Brief Film History and Evolution of Cinema
A brief exploration on the history of Cinema and how it has evolved through the years.
The importance of stories and storytelling in our lives.
We’ll study a few films and try to analyse and decode the Film language.
Process of Filmmaking and our role as Screenwriter
Filmmaking is a collaborative art. We explore the process of filmmaking and how we as Screenwriters fit into the process and understand our role.
Understanding Ourselves, Surroundings and our Culture
Stories come from our experiences from personal life, surroundings and our culture. Exploring these will help us grow as a screenwriter.
Fundamentals of Screenwriting
We understand the elements of screenwriting and explore them in detail
1. Story Idea
We’ll understand the proper way of Screenplay formatting.
Understanding Mythology and Storytelling
Mythology is a rich source of inspiration in storytelling, narration and drama. We’ll explore these stories for our learnings for screenwriting.
Writing for Films, Web Series, Television and Short films
As the medium changes we’ll have to change the approach in the writing as well. We’ll explore and understand different mediums, their design and our approach as a screenwriter.
Writing for Interactive Films and Gaming
We’ll touch base on the latest modes of storytelling and understand the process of writing for these mediums as well.
Pitching your Concept
Presenting your concept is a very important step to greenlit your project. Participants will prepare a pitch document and pitch their concept in the class.
The sessions will be supported with Audio-Visual references, Interactions, Exercises and Assignments.