On-campus course – Foundation Course in Producing and Production Management in Pune, from 14th Nov. 2022 to 28th April 2023
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune under its ‘Centre For Open Learning (CFOL)’ program, announces on-campus Short Course – Foundation Course in Producing and Production Management in Pune, Maharashtra.
Following are the details in this regard;
Please note that Application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances irrespective of being selected and or not selected etc.
Course fee is excluding breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea/ coffee, snacks etc.
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be refunded within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement. Also, due to COVID19 or any other reason, if the course is cancelled by FTII, course fee will be refunded.
So, initially, participants need to pay registration fee of Rs 1,000/- and submit the application form (Google Form).
Submitted applications will be scrutinized and based on the information provided in the application form (Google Form), list of shortlisted participants will be published on our website for Interview. Based on the performance of Interview, final selection will be made. List of selected candidates will be published on FTII website and selection emails will also be sent.
Only after selection, selected participant need to transfer necessary course fee with or without hostel fee as the case may be, within stipulated time which will be published on website as well as will be communicated in the email.
A Post Graduate in Cinema from Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, in 1988, Surajit is a Member of EIMPA & Screen Writers' Association of India, Mumbai. He has directed three Bengali feature films “Pa Ma Ga Re Saa”, “Megh Roddur” & “Britto”. His feature film “Rendezvous Revisited” is currently at post production stage. Surajit has shot several Television Commercials and corporate films with esteemed clients at India and abroad.
As Vice President, Creative with New York based Innovative Solutions Inc., he has conceptualized and designed a Bengali broadcast channel, across the East coast of U.S and functioned as Media Director in the production of the digitised version of anthology of Tagore's songs, Gitabitan.
Surajit had been the General Manager, Television Software, for Netguru Inc, at Los Angeles & Kolkata. He has been a Media Advisor of Publicity Forum Kolkata. He served as Director with CMM Studios, Mumbai, Sr. Film Exec. & Producer with Jain Satellite Television, New Delhi, Sr. Editor, Plus Channel Mumbai, Director-BMMI, Pritish Nandy Comm. to Director-Editor, Zee TV Mumbai. A keen cineaste, Surajit has made series of documentaries commissioned by NAIP ICAR, CRRI, Directorate of Extension, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India.
He has been a Visiting Faculty at SRFTI, Reliance Big Aims Media Institute and NSHM, Techno India Gr. Gandhi Gr. Inst. Rupam Inst, Jaipur and many other film and media schools in India.
Presently, he has been engaged as Associate Professor, Film Production in FTII, Pune.
The application is to be filled in two parts – (I) Payment of application fees and (II) Submission of application form with other information (Google Form).
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “C1 Appln. fee Producing and Production Management”.
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 1,000/-.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached. Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Also, it is presumed that participants will be staying and or attending the course at their own risk & cost and FTII will not be held responsible for anything or matter of what-so-ever nature. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction in all respect will be final.
Step II: Submission of Application Form (Google Form): This form is to be submitted only after payment of necessary registration/ application fee of Rs 1,000/-. Failing to submit the registration/ application fee first (before this form), the application will be rejected.
Click on the link stated below for submitting application form (Google Form):
Please note that the application form link will be disabled immediately after 6 pm (IST) on the closing date of application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Interested participants need to pay Rs 1,92,000/- as course fee for the same. Participants not interested in Hostel accommodation need to pay Rs 1,41,600/- as course fee. The accommodation will be available from 13th Nov. 2022 (4 pm) to 29th April 2022 (11 am).
The fee does not include meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea/ coffee, snacks etc.). However, participants can have it from the nearby area on payment basis. Laundry & other services may also be availed by the participants from the nearby area on payment basis.
The additional hostel fee includes charges towards bed, mattress, table, chair, cupboard, geyser, electricity and water. Participants are required to bring their own bed-sheets and pillows along-with other personal hygiene material.
All participants (with or without hostel) need to assure general decency, decorum etc. in the hostel as well as on campus. Failing to do so will lead to cancellation of admission without refunding course fee apart from taking internal disciplinary action (including cancellation of allotted room etc.) and dealing the matter as per law of the land. All rights in this regard are reserved with FTII.
The course offers an understanding of the art of Producing Films and Production techniques involved in it. It will encompass knowledge about all personnel required, special equipment & studio facilities utilized and the cost implications of all such elements. The curriculum will relate to industry norms at stages of pre-shooting, shooting and post shooting, as also introduce the best practices at marketing, distribution and exhibiting strategies.
In short, a hands-on training in all activities, essentially as member of Production team-- from independent Producer, Executive Producer, Assistant Director to Production Controller or better Production Manager. The most significant facet of the course will be the value addition through Workshops and Master classes conducted by visiting Industry Professionals, Guest Experts, not to mention the industry visit to reputed Studio / Production House, to observe the true professional mode of conducting operations in the realm of movie business
Facets of the course are detailed below
Pre-shooting, Shooting ,Post- shooting—management of all aspects & common problems