On-campus course – Basic Course in Advertising & Product Photography (Table top) in Pune, from 03rd to 22nd Oct. 2022
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune under its ‘Centre For Open Learning (CFOL)’ program, announces on-campus evening Short Course – Basic Course in Advertising & Product Photography (Table top) in Pune, Maharashtra.
Following are the details in this regard;
(a) Participant must have their own DSLR camera with lens kit and knowledge of camera.
(b) Lenses preferably 85 mm or 100 mm macro.
(c) Participant must be aware of studio light system & modifiers for Product Photography.
(d) Pen-drive/ hard disk. Laptop will be preferred.
(e) Participant need to daily carry above stated camera, lenses & Pendrive/ hard disk for the course.
Course fee is excluding tea/ coffee, snacks, dinner, etc.
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be refunded within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement. Also, due to COVID19 or any other reason, if the course is cancelled by FTII, course fee will be refunded.
Kishor Waykar completed G D Art (Commercial) from J J School of Arts Mumbai and Bachelors & Masters Degree in Journalism from Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune. He is a Freelance Photographer with more than 35 years of professional and 15years of teaching experience. He has impressive track record with some of the most recognized brands in business.
From 1984 to 1989 he worked a a Visualiser & In-House Photographer for Dacunha Communications, Nariman Point, Mumbai where his work was to handle Print Media of some of the big names like Amul Milk, Nutramul and Gujarat Milk Marketing Federation’s Operation Flood, Parley’s Frooti (Mango Drink), Appy (Apple Drink), Matto (Tomato Drink), TATA Tea, TATA spices, Indian Cancer Society, LIC of India. He lead many Advertising Campaigns, designed Press advertising, Magazine Advt., Hoardings, Posters, Created designs for catalogues, Brochure, logos, symbols, Developed advertisement for various branded products and covering all indoor and outdoor advt. media. As a In-House Photographer for the company he got a chance to cover innumerable campaigns, Photo sessions, Advertising photography, Industrial Photography, Fashion Photography, Product Photography etc. Basically covering all the various branches of commercial photography.
In 1989 he started working independently as Freelance Photographer and specialized in Commercial, Industrial, Fashion and Food Photography. He worked for a few established Advt. Agencies in Mumbai like Dacunha Communication, Everest Advertising, Hindustan Thompson Associates Ltd., Lintas India, Mudra communication, Ad World, Chaitra Leo Burnett Pvt Ltd, Imageads and Communication just to mention a few.
Carried out Product and Model Photography for – Frooti Mango drink, Appy – Apple drink, Matto – Tomato drink, Tata Tea, Tata Spices, Wimco matches, Apsara pencils / Eraser, McDowells Whisky, Backpipper Whisky, Hit Mosquito Repelient, Backpipper Gold Whisky, Khodays – Rum / Beer, Jordache – Jeans & Shirts, Drink More Milk - Campaign (Operation flood), Parle’s Calendar, Amul milk, Nutramul, Videocon TV / VCR, Zenith Computer, Binaca Toothpaste, Marvel Soap, Jindal Steel, Romanov Vodka, Vicks Vaporub, Obsika appliance (Washing Machine), Pidilite, Perina Ice-cream, Nippo Battery, Wipro-Shikakai Soap,Mahindra Tractor (Poster), Parle-Poppins, PanParag Pan Masala, Prince Plastics, Neelkamal Plastics, Bombay Silk Mills Slawar Kheemz Campaign, Hello Potato Chips, Parle – G, Nirali non-stick cookware – Ad. Camp / Brochure / Product Cover (Packing), Nirali Sink, Zero – B Water Purifier, Amity Perfume, Tips & Toes, Castrol – GTX 2 oil, Kodak, J.K. Helen Kurtis – Products (Premium), Regal Plastic, Videocon – Inverter, Thomas Cook, Life Insurance Corporation of India – Ad / Brochure/ Posters, New India Insurance – Brochure / Ad., Parle – Chota – Bisleri water– Campaign, Bombay Paints.
Carried out Industrial and Architectural Photography for – Lawkim, Godrej, Meltron (Kudal), Raas Holiday Resorts (Silvasa), ICICI Bank (Mumbai), Standard Chartered Bank, Hong-Kong Bank, Mr.Reza Kabul (Architect) Mr. Goenka’s Bungalow, Hyderabad; Handloom and Automatic Loom factory (Surat), Vinayaka Synthetics (Surat).
Teaching Experience: Kishor Wayker also worked as visiting faculty in few Institutes like Singhgad College of Mass Communication, Symbiosis Institute of Design, Indira College of Journalism & Mass Communication, International School Of Business & Management (ISB&M), Suryadutta Institute of Management & Mass Communication. He was also Head of Academics at Seam-edu School of Pro-Expressionism. Now, since 2017, he is working in Department of Mass Communication at Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune.
He delivered sessions in many Seminars/ Webinars & Workshops organized by Pune Police, MIT – WPU University, The Photography Society of India, Fujifilm Products Internal Training etc. on various topics related to Photography.
He received special award for FAIDA (Fight Against Illicit Drug Trafficking & Abuse) Campaign Contest under FACI (Federation Of Advertising Clubs of India)
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “C1 Basic C. in Advertising Product Photography”
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 18,000/-.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached. Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Also, it is presumed that participants will be staying and or attending the course at their own risk & cost and FTII will not be held responsible for anything or matter of what-so-ever nature. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction in all respect will be final.
Why learn Advertising Photography?
a. A step above the traditional photography field which sets you apart
b. High use for Digital Media like FB, Instagram etc
c. Daily need for E-commerce platforms
d. Large variety of products right from daily essentials till luxury products
e. Networking with different brands
f. Working creatively on concepts for advertising campaigns
g. A socio-cultured and creative career path
h. Limitless opportunities with 24/7 work requirement
Learning outcome for the participants
Creative Process: Students will be able to use a variety of brainstorming techniques to generate novel ideas of value to solve problems. Development of Skill and Technique: Students will have sufficient mastery of one or more media to complete the technical and formal challenges pertinent to a body of original work.
Communication of Ideas and Context: Students will be able to clearly communicate the content and context of their work visually, orally and in writing. Techniques for visual thinking & execution.
Day 1 - Introduction to Advertising Photography
● Understand different types of advertising product photography
Day 2 -- Difference between Commercial & Advertising Photography
● Advertising product photography for different Media (social/print/outdoor)
● Understand basic composition and camera angels
Day 3 --Understand brief from client or advertising agency
● What are Ideation or Conceptualization and its Importance
● Understand basic lighting and exposure, color temperature & effective use of Editing
Day 4 -- How to develop concept
● Know the process pre-production, production & post production
● Understand advance lighting, uses of light modifiers
Day 5 – Select your product’s (minimum 5) or Brand for practicals
● PPT Presentation about your brand with Ideation (concept)
● Discussion & planning
Day 6 -- Final pre production list of products with all details
Day 7 -- to Day 12 – Actual shooting with continuous evaluation
Day 13—to Day 15 - Preview of indusial students photographs
Day 16 – to Day 17 Post processing (Editing) if require
Day 18 – Submission