On-campus children course – Basic Acting Workshop for Children in Pune from 17th to 30th Oct. 2022
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune under its ‘Centre For Open Learning (CFOL)’ program, announces on-campus Short Courses exclusively for children – Basic Acting Workshop for Children in Pune, Maharashtra.
Following are the details in this regard;
(a) 08 years completed to 12 years running as on 01st Oct 2022 – Morning batch
(b) 13 completed to 17 years running as on 01st Oct 2022 – Afternoon batch
Course fee is excluding breakfast, lunch, tea/ coffee, snacks etc.
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be refunded within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement. Also, due to COVID19 or any other reason, if the course is cancelled by FTII, course fee will be refunded.
A performance researcher, theatre practitioner, actor and acting coach, Devendranath Sankaranarayanan has a double Master’s degree in International Performance Research (MAIPR) from University of Warwick (UK), University of Amsterdam (Netherlands), and University of Helsinki/ Tampere (Finland) with Erasmus Mundus scholarship of European Union. He is a recipient of Young Artist Scholarship by the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
He is the Course Director of Basic Acting for Workshop Children, under Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune’s initiative of Skilling India in Film and Television (SKIFT), since 2017. He associates with various Institutes across the country including School of Drama and Fine Arts, University of Calicut, K R Narayanan National Institute of Visual Science and Arts, Kerala, Mind Screen Film Institute (MFI) Chennai, International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad, National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Hyderabad, Ram Gopal Bajaj Acting Studio and RGBA Lonavla.
He is the key resource person and module designing consultant for ‘Hello English’, a programme by Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Department of Education, Government of Kerala. He is the Course Director and Facilitator for many Tribal Education Projects of Kudumbasree Mission of the Government of Kerala. His experience includes working with National and International theatre and performance productions in multiple languages.
As a performance researcher, he has been keenly observing the changing trends of pedagogic practices across the globe. He has also been presenting research papers in International and National academic seminars and webinars.
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “C1 Basic Acting Workshop for Children”
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 13,000/-.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached. Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Also, it is presumed that participants will be staying and or attending the course at their own risk & cost and FTII will not be held responsible for anything or matter of what-so-ever nature. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction in all respect will be final.
This 13 day long Basic Acting Course for Children will familiarize the participants with a range of acting approaches, improvisation techniques, voice and speech modulations, and ways of using the multiple possibilities of body and its flexibilities. The objective is to shape and condition the participant’s body and mind into instruments capable of meeting the demands of an increasingly competitive contemporary world. It would help the participants react to their surroundings in an improved and effective way. The experience would also shape their body to reflect the world in their perspective. This will primarily lead the talents to better communication and interactive skills.
They will be trained using a variety of theatre, new media and virtual performance methods along with martial and meditative practices to achieve this.
• Introduction to the world of acting
• Script, design and performances
• Acting/Performing for various mediums
• Basic Acting Practical Sessions
• Aesthetics of Navarasa
• Theatre Games
• Effective and creative use of camera/ mobile phones
• Being in front of the Camera
• Monologues & dialogues
• Improvised scene works
• Performance installations with improvised theme/s
• Martial and Meditative sessions
Voice and body
Body and its movements
Gestures and emotions
Body and expressions
Expressions through music and external sounds
Body and its postures, language, and the possibilities
Voice and mind; knowing the self
Voice, Speech, and Beyond
Breath, tempo, pitch, volume, pause, clarity, sense, and memory of words
Voice and speech clarity
Effective and efficient use of speech
Pitch, volume, and tempo
Articulation and modulation
Voice and effective communication
Story telling & Voice Performance
Observations of concentrated thought process
Sense Memory Exercises
Emotions and expressions
Martial and meditative exercises