Basic Course in Smartphone Film Making (07 days) in Thrissur 12th to 18th Dec. 2021
Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Center For Open Learning (CFOL) Programme and under Azadi Mohotsav course in association with Snehapoorvam Educational Charitable Trust (SECT), Thrissur, announces Basic Course in Smartphone Film Making.
Following are the details in this regard;
Course is excluding lunch, tea/ coffee, snacks etc.
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement. However, Due to COVID19 (which is beyond the control of organizers), if the course is postponed OR cancelled, course fee will be refunded.
Ritesh Taksande is working in the media industry for the past 12 years as Director, Cinematographer, Film-Maker and Media Educator. He has worked on many national and international film projects including the famous Disney’s Planes II – Fire and Rescues (Feature Film) as Sequence Producer and Shaktimaan – The Animated (TV – Series Season 1) as Production Manager. He worked on Films VFX on Jupiter Ascending, Baaji, Classmate. He was Line Producer – Screenyug Creation Pvt. Ltd. Pune.
His films have been nominated in many International film festivals for short films on social issues. He received International award at the ASCRS Scientific Film 2016, USA. Special screening of his short film “Who is Responsible” was done at the Pune International Film Festival 2014.
He is resource person to conduct Film Making sessions for: (1) Children Film Society of India (Govt. of India), (2) VigyanPrasar (DST – Govt. of India), (3) Film & Television Institute of India (FTII – Govt. of India) and (4) Many International School, MBA Colleges, & Mass Media Colleges across the country.
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “B10 Basic Course in Smartphone Film Making”.
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 7,000/-.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached. Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction in all respect will be final.
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
Mobile no.: 9633944966
The course introduces fundamental technology, theory, history, techniques and applications of film making & photography. It includes artistic & aesthetic analysis of student created short films. It would also focus on understanding the creative eye behind the camera/ Smartphone and how to develop the skill of storytelling using Camera/ Smartphone.
The course objectives are;
(1) Understand concept to script writing,
(2) Understand basic camera/ Smartphone operations,
(3) Understand basic cinema language,
(4) Understand basics of Editing & Post Production,
(5) Understand proper archive & techniques and
(6) Finally, making of a film of around 03 minutes duration, in a group, as final exercise.