Basic Screen Acting Course (Online) from 17th Nov. to 07th Dec. 2020
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its ‘FTII Online’ initiative in association with Union Territory Administration of Ladakh, announces Basic Screen Acting Course (Online).
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Name of the Course:Basic Screen Acting Course (Online).
(2) Dates:17th Nov. to 07th Dec. 2020(except Saturdays & Sundays)
(3) Timings:11 am to 1 pm and 3to5 pm (Indian Standard Time – IST)
(4) Max. no. of participants:30 (Course will be conducted only if min. strength of 24 participants is reached).
(5) Age:18 years &above as on 01stNov. 2020 (participants born on or before 31thOct.2002)
(6) Educational Qualification: HSC (12th pass). In exceptional cases, 10th pass may be considered
(7) Online Platform: Google Classroom & Google Meet platform
(8) Medium of Instructions: English
(9) Per Participant Course fee:
(a) For Indian Nationals: Rs 23,900/- (base fee = Rs 20,254/- and GST = Rs 3,646/-)
(b) For Foreigners including NRI, OCI etc. and also those who are presently staying outside India: Rs 71,700/- (base fee = Rs 60,763/- and GST = Rs 10,937/-).
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
(10) Mode of payment: Online through SBI Collect (along with application form).
(11) Due date & time to submit application:19th Oct. 2020, 6 pm IST. Application submitted after due date & time will not be considered.
(12) Selection Criteria: On First – Come – First – Served Basis.List of selected participants will be published on our website and selection emails will also be sent to all the selected participants.
(13) Online platform: FTII will be using “Google Classroom” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class including login id & password will be shared with each selected participant in the selection email.
(14) Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate.
(15) MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities;
(i) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 8 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(ii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iii) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(iv) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(v) Compatible HD webcam
(vi) Internet pack of minimum 5 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(vii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
(16) Course Director:Mr. Phonsok Ladakhi
Actor Phonsok Ladakhi is FTII Alumni of 1975 batch. He has acted in movies like Khel khiladika, RamutuDiwana, Khache Hire, UnchiUdan, Pehredar, Subhash Chandra Bose by ShyamBenegal, Kim by London Films etc. He has also acted in TV serials like Intazar by Sayed Mirza, GulGulshanGulfam by VedRahi and Parmveer Chakra by ChentanAnand. He has produced/ Directed number of documentaries and he is a B+ High singer for AIR Leh, Ladakh. He had been performing acting/ singing in many foreign countries like Japan, Singapore, Switzerland & USA and had delivered a lecture on Himalyan Folk Music to the students of MANAHTTHAN SCHOOL OF MUSIC New York, USA.
He is associated with SKIFT (Skilling India in Film & Television), world's largest film education outreach programme of FTII and conducted courses in Maharashtra (Nagpur), Goa (Panaji), Madhya Pradesh (Chhindwara), Rajasthan (Jaipur), J&K (Pattan, Baramulla, Srinagar) and Uttarakhand (Rudraprayag).
(17) How to apply:
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htmOR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
3. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
4. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
5. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
6. In the payment category select “B02 Basic Screen Acting Course (Online)”.
7. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
8. Make necessary payment of Rs 23,900/- OR Rs 71,700/- as the case may be.
9. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
10. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
11. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached.Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
12. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
(18) Communication with participants: All communications with the participants will be carried out through email only. List of selected participants may be published on FTII website and selection email will be sent on their registered email id.
(19) Certificates: All participants would be given participation e-certificates on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(20) Queries: For any queries please contact Prof. Sandeep Shahare on firstname.lastname@example.org OR on 9923242654
• Unique approach to acting integrates Yoga, Vipassana with Stanislavski's method acting.
• Acting is more than mere physical and vocal training. It's working on mind at conscious and subconscious level
• Course will cover action problems, improvisation, movement, sense memory exercise, diction and monologue.
• Playback exercise and singing.
• Daily yoga and meditation.