Evening Online Course: Basic Course in Photography and Light Painting from 18th to 22nd Oct. 2021
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Center for Open Learning (CFOL) and in association with The Open Space Society (TOSS), Jaipur, announces Evening Online Course: Basic Course in Photography and Light Painting.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Name of the Evening Course: Basic Course in Photography and Light Painting (Online).
(2) Duration & Dates: 05 days, 18th to 22nd Oct. 2021.
(3) Timings: 7 pm to 9 pm (Indian Standard Time – IST), 02 hours per day
(4) Max. no. of participants: 40 (course may not be conducted if there are less than 32 participants)
(5) Age:18 years & above as on 01st Oct. 2021 (participants born on or before 30th Sept. 2003)
(6) Educational Qualification: HSC (12th pass). In exceptional cases, 10th pass may be considered
(7) Online Platform: Google Classroom & Google Meet platform
(8) Medium of Instructions: English & Hindi
(9) Per Participant Course fee:
(a) For Indian Nationals: Rs 2,800/- (base fee = Rs 2,373/- and GST = Rs 427/-)
(b) For Foreigners including NRI, OCI etc. and also those who are presently staying outside India: Rs 8,400/- (base fee = Rs 7,119/- and GST = Rs 1,281/-).
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
(10) Mode of payment: Online through SBI Collect (along with application form).
(11) Due date & time to submit application: 20th Sept. 2021, 6 pm IST. Application submitted after due date & time will not be considered.
(12) Selection Criteria: On First – Come – First – Served Basis.List of selected participants will be published on our website and selection emails will also be sent to all the selected participants.
(13) Online platform: FTII will be using “Google Classroom” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class including login id & password will be shared with each selected participant in the selection email.
(14) Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate.
(15) MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities;
(i) A good quality Smartphone or DSLR camera which can capture photographs.
(ii) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 4 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(iii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iv) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(v) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(vi) Compatible HD webcam
(vii) Internet pack of minimum 3 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(viii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
(16) Course Director: Hitesh Advani and Shobhit Tiwari
Hitesh Advani: His admiration for nature, wildlife, architecture and different forms of life and his willingness to preserve them, connected him to photography. This interest soon turned into his passion to inspire people from different walks of life, to take up photography as a tool to praise life around him.
Hitesh Adwani has worked on unique photography projects and conducted workshops for the United Nations, Action Aide in Afghanistan and Government of India. He is the producer of award winning film Sheenkhalai - the blue skin. Hitesh also co-founded The Open Space Society - a school of visual and performing arts in Jaipur, Rajasthan. He is one of the founders of a community called Jaipur Photography Club (JPC).
Hitesh is a businessman and completed his master’s degree in business management from the SP Jain Institute of Management & Research Mumbai. With no formal training in photography except for books and group sharing, he nurtures JPC by organizing weekly photowalks, workshops and photography based weekend excursions.
With more than 30,000 photography enthusiasts now, Hitesh’s club takes a lead in different governmental and cultural events all over India.
Shobhit Tiwari: He is a professional photographer specializing in low-light imagery known as “lightpainting”. He’s an IT Engineering graduate of BMIT, Jaipur. Shobhit transformed his technical knowledge into the field of photography, breaking new ground with experimental low-light imagery.
Shobhit holds a Guinness World Record for presenting 900 light orbs in a single photograph.
(17) How to apply:
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “B3 Basic of Photography and Light Painting E”.
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 2,800/- OR Rs 8,400/- as the case may be.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
(iv) check your bank account to confirm whether money (course fee) has been deducted or not
(v) After a day or two, once again check to see whether money (course fee) has been refunded.
(vi) In case of refund, it is a transaction failure and if so, once again apply for the course afresh.
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached.Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
(18) Communication with participants: All communications with the participants will be carried out through email only. List of shortlisted participants may be published on FTII website and selection email will be sent to the selected participants on their registered email id.
(19) Certificates: All participants would be given participation e-certificates on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(20) Queries: For any queries please contact
(1) Madhulika on firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
(2) Shilpi Batra Advani on firstname.lastname@example.org OR on 9610082222 (between 10 am to 6 pm).
(a) Overview: The aim of this course is to make participant:
• Aware of his equipment, its limitations and strengths
• Learn basic concepts such as exposure control, metering, and to manually control them for their use in light-painting/ long exposure photography and all other basic forms of photography.
• Understanding Compositions
• Understanding light – harsh, soft, natural, artificial, low-light conditions.
• How to shoot different subjects (in low light/long exposure) – people, buildings, automobiles, abstract etc.
• Learn editing basics.
(b) What participants will learn:
Through this course, participants would be able to understand light, controlling it and-its optimum use in photography, composing a frame to professional standards, tracing light movements & creating exclusive images through them without using high-end equipments or overtly priced gadgets. Post processing an image to your liking and getting a desired result with your camera. Overall, this course is going to add to the skills of the participants & guide them towards better understanding in photography and teaching them various nuances in light painting or low exposure photography and endless possibilities with the same.