Basic Film Orientation Course for Children (Online) from 31st Oct. to 06th Nov. 2021
Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Centre For Open Learning (CFOL) initiative announces Basic Film Orientation Course for Children (online).
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Name of children course: Basic Film Orientation Course for Children (Online)
(2) Dates: 31st Oct. to 06th Nov. 2021 (except 04th Nov. 2021 on account of Diwali)
(3) Duration: In-total 24 hrs course (04 hrs per day spread over 06 days)
(4) Timings: 10 am to 12 noon & 1 pm to 3 pm (IST)
(5) Age: 10 years completed to 17 years running as on 01st Oct. 2021
(6) No. of participants: 40 – 50. Course may not be conducted if there are less than 32 participants per batch.
(7) Medium of Instructions: Mainly English & partly Hindi
(8) Per Participant Course fee:
(a) For Indian Nationals: Rs 6,000/- (base fee = Rs 5,085/- and GST = Rs 915/-)
(b) For Foreigners including NRI, OCI etc. and also those Indian Nationals who are presently staying outside India: Rs 18,000/- (base fee = Rs 15,254/- and GST = Rs 2,746/-).
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
(9) Mode of payment: Online through SBI Collect (along with application form).
(10) Due date & time to submit application: 27th Sept. 2021, 6 pm IST. Application submitted after due date & time will not be considered.
(11) Selection Criteria: On First – Come – First – Served Basis.List of selected participants will be published on FTII website. Also, selection emails will be sent to all the selected participants.
(12) Online platform: FTII will be using “Google Classroom” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class including login id & password will be shared with each selected participant in the selection email.
(13) Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate.
(14) MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities (Online Learning compatible);
(i) Smartphone, Point and Shoot, DSLR cameras or mirrorless cameras.
(ii) Filmora Go App for Laptop – No need to purchase it, a trial will be good enough
(iii) A Desktop/ Laptop having minimum 4 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(iv) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(v) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(vi) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(vii) Compatible HD webcam
(viii) Internet pack of minimum 5 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(ix) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
(15) Course Director: Mr. Ritesh Taksande
He is working in media industry for the past 12 years as Director, Cinematographer, Film-Maker and Media Educator. He has worked on many national and international film projects including the famous Disney’s Planes II – Fire and Rescues (Feature Film) as Sequence Producer and Shaktimaan – The Animated (TV – Series Season 1) as Production Manager. He worked on Films VFX on Jupiter Ascending, Baaji, Classmate. He was Line Producer – Screenyug Creation Pvt. Ltd. Pune.
His films have been nominated in many International film festivals for short films on social issues. He received International award at the ASCRS Scientific Film 2016, USA. Special screening of his short film “Who is Responsible” was done at the Pune International Film Festival 2014.
He is resource person to conduct Film Making sessions for: (1) Children Film Society of India (Govt. of India), (2) VigyanPrasar (DST – Govt. of India), (3) Film & Television Institute of India (FTII – Govt. of India) and (4) Many International School, MBA Colleges, & Mass Media Colleges across the country.
(16) How to apply:
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
3. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
4. Select “All India” in State of Corporate/ Institution, then select “Educational Institutions” in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
5. Search/ Find “FTII Fees Account” in Educational institutions name and click submit.
6. In the payment category select “B2 Basic Film Orientation Course for Children O”.
7. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
8. Make necessary payment of Rs 6,000/- OR Rs 18,000/- as the case may be.
9. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
10. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
11. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached.Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
12. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
(17) Communication with participants: All communications with the participants will be carried out through email only. List of shortlisted participants may be published on FTII and selection email will be sent to the selected participants on their registered email id.
(18) Certificates: All participants would be given participation e-certificates on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(19) Queries: For any queries please contact Ms Madhulika, Outreach Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org OR on 020 – 25580085
(a) Course Description:
FTII’s Online Filmmaking course for children will be a fun and learn session for all the participants where they will explore their creativity in visual story telling through camera or Smartphone.
All the participants will learn the art and craft of film making by doing practical exercises like script writing, shot breakdown, storyboarding, shooting, editing and presenting their individual film during the online screening session. They will also understand and value the creative eye and hardwork behind the scenes and how to develop the skill of storytelling.
(b) Course Objectives:
To engage children in visual storytelling from the comfort of their home and be creative during their school vacations.
(c) Course Content:
Day 01: Opening Ceremony &Introduction to FTII
Introduction to Camera, mode and how to use the different function of camera, tripod, and other equipment’s. (Exercise 1). Different Genre of Films, The Process of film making.
DAY 02: Idea to script to screen. Basic of screenwriting, elements of story and script for Production. Pre-production. (Exercise 2)
DAY 03: Direction, the role of a director in his vision of storytelling, Pre-Production and Production. (Exercise 3)
DAY 04: Production of films – Introduction Cinematography and Post production. (Exercise 4)
DAY 05: Hands-on live Editing and learning how to work with software while Editing & sound mixing, recording voice-over, adding title and credit roll. (Final Exercise)
DAY 06: Online films screening of films followed by Q & A session. Closing note from FTII officials.
(d) Student Responsibilities: -
1. Completion of course work including participation in daily lectures and completion of exercises
2. Students shall conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to the online learning platform