Foundation Course in Comic Acting at New Delhi from 26th July to 14th Aug’ 19
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT) initiative, in association with Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi, announces 20 days Foundation Course in Comic Acting at New Delhi.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1)Dates: 26th July to 14th Aug 2019 (20 days including Saturdays & Sundays)
(2)Timings: 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
(3)Total No. of participants: 24 (Course will be conducted only if min. strength of 20 is reached)
(4)Age: Participants must be 18 years or above in age as on 01st July 2019
(6)Venue: IIMC, New JNU Campus, Aruna Asif Ali Road, New Delhi – 110 067
(7)Fees: Rs 30,000/- per participant (Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Film & TV Institute of India, Pune”, and must be payable at Pune)
(8)Last date to apply: 1st July 2019 by 4 pm
(9)Faculty: Shri Joy Fernandes
Joy has nearly three decades of experience on stage, both nationally and internationally. His international work includes playing the comic lead ‘Nick Bottom’ in the internationally acclaimed version of Shakespeare’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ directed by Tim Supple which ran for over 250 successful shows in India, US, UK, Canada, Europe and Australia.
He also played the principal character of ‘Shantilal’ in the commercial hit ‘Merchants of Bollywood’ directed by Toby Gough and was part of their successful tours in UK, China, Australia & Singapore.
Joy has also acted for, worked and workshopped with theatre stalwarts like Dame Cicely Berry, Irshad Panjatan, Catherine Dubois, Naseerudin Shah, Rajat Kapoor, Ramu Ramanathan, Danish Hussain and others. He has acted in, written, directed and produced several successful plays over the years.
He has acted in several feature films (Jajantaram Mamantaram, Paanch, Dasvidanya etc), and directed, scripted and acted for several TV shows, ads, web-series, stand-up gigs, conceived and hosted events etc. He has trained every age and personality profile in voice and drama and is a member of the Guest Faculty for Comedy and Improvisation, at the prestigious Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in Pune.
He conducts theatre therapy for corporates under his brand, EnterTrainment. Humour, comedy, wit and satire are an integral part of Joy and passionately show up in most of his work
(10)How to apply: Download application form from websites of FTII or IIMC. Fill in all details, attach required Demand Draft and send it by speed post/ courier or deliver it in person to
Shri Gaurav Nagpal,
Office of Additional Director General,
Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC),
JNU New Campus, Aruna Asif Ali Road,
New Delhi – 110 067
so as to reach on or before 1st July 2019 by 4 pm.”
On envelope of application at top left, write “Application for Foundation Course in Comic Acting”. Incomplete applications, applications without required Demand Draft, applications received after due date & time etc will be rejected.
(11)Medium of Instructions: The medium of instruction would be mainly English and partly Hindi. Participants are expected to have adequate knowledge of English and/ or Hindi as regards to reading, writing & speaking.
(12) Selection Criteria: First – Come – First – Served basis. However, course will be conducted only if the minimum strength of 20 participants is reached. Selected candidates would be communicated by email. Course fees of the selected candidates will be non – refundable under any circumstances. Demand Drafts of non–selected candidates would be returned within 07 days.
(13) Certificates: All participants would be given participation certificate on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(14) Accommodation: Outstation participants may please note that there is no arrangement of accommodation and participants need to arrange for their own lodging & boarding at their own cost.
(15) Queries: For queries, if any, please email to Prof. Sandeep Shahare on firstname.lastname@example.org
(16) Course Objectives: To use the dynamic, vibrant benefits of comedy to improve one’s overall personality development, combat stress, develop better body language, enhance lateral thinking, hone one’s voice and breathing skills and dramatically improve focus and concentration.
•Breath-work and Voice-work to build strong vocal range and resonance
•Games and Activities to improve focus, concentration and reflexes
•Theatre exercises to encourage the process of lateral thinking to understand the various genres of humour
•Introducing the participants to the works of great comics, viewing and discussing their styles
•Enabling the execution of various styles of comedy like stand-up, crosstalk, wordplay, mime, clowning, abstract and many others
•Encouraging and enabling creative release
•Scene-work and roleplay exercises to understand how to use the different styles effectively
•Constant focus on entertainment and fun to ensure that the entire process is stress-busting, motivating and rejuvenating for the participants.
All efforts have been made to make the information as accurate as possible. Film and Television Institute of India will not be responsible for any loss to any person caused by inaccuracy in the information available on this Website. Any discrepancy found may please be brought to the notice of Film and Television Institute of India, Pune.