Course on Appreciation of Documentary Films
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT) initiative announces ‘05 days Course on Appreciation of Documentary Films’ in FTII, Pune.
Details of the course are as stated below;
This workshop is for all those people who have tried their hands in making documentary films and want to know more about its making, for those who love watching documentary films and want to go beyond casual watching, for those persons in Government/ NGO/ Private Institutions who use documentary film as part of their work to educate, propagate, make aware, critic, argue and communicate and for teachers who want to tell their students about this critical medium.
This workshop will highlight various issues and concerns that has been historically embedded in the practice of Documentary film making around objectivity, advocacy, bias, self/other, history, discourse and aesthetics. These themes will be structured through the grids of mode of addresses and subgenres.
The participants will be introduced to many inspiring films, film makers and their inner world in World Cinema and in India.
|1||Documentary Representations: Claims and Responsibilities|
|2||Early Years: 1. Reality as Spectacle 2. Citizenship and State|
|3||Self in the eyes of the Other: Ethnographic Documentary of Jean Rouch|
|4||Truth of the Matter: Cinema Verite & Direct Cinema|
(1) Name of the Course: Course on Appreciation of Documentary Films
(2) Dates: 26th to 30th June 2019 (05 days including Sat & Sun)
(3) Timings: 10 am to 5 pm
(4) Total no. of participants: 100 (Course will not be conducted if there are less than 60 participants)
(5) Nationality: Indian
(6) Age: 18 years & above as on 01.06.2019
(7) Educational Qualifications: HSC (12th pass), in exceptional cases 10th pass will also be considered
(8) Venue: FTII, Pune
(9) Fees: Rs 3,600/- per participant (Course Fees is inclusive of GST)
(10) Mode of Payment: Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Film & TV Institute of India, Pune”, and should be payable at Pune)
(11) Faculty Member: Shri Sudipto Acharyya
(12) Faculty Profile:
Sudipto Acharyya has studied cinema at FTII Pune, with specialization in Direction and Screenplay Writing (1997 – 2000). He has completed his MA in Film Studies from Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
His Diploma film HARBOUR LINE was part of NO MASALA TOURING FILM FESTIVAL in Germany. It was exhibited at the Asia-Europe Short Film Festival-2007, Washington DC, organised by Indian Embassy.
His first independent production is Weekend Chill, a digital film made with crowd fund. He has directed several short films & one feature length film for television and other institutions.
Sudipto has a long engagement with teaching Cinema in various institutions like Film and Television Institute Of India-Pune, Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute – Kolkata, Roop Kala Kendro (Kolkata), Kolkata Film & Television Institute and Centre for Film & Television (Allahabad University). He is currently a Senior Faculty at Whistling Woods International –Mumbai.
His recent academic papers on cinema were invited to conferences at film schools like Lithuania Music and Theatre Academy – Vilnius, Dodge College of Film and Media Arts –Chapman University, Witwatersrand University-Johannesburg and Bilgi University – Istanbul.
He is part of an Artistic Research project involving BRICS nation that looks at social interstices with the help of cinematic practices
(13) How to apply: Download the application form from website of FTII, fill–in all the details, attach required Demand Draft and deliver it in person or speed post to;
Shri Milind Joshi,
Film & Television Institute of India,
Law College Road,
Pune 411 004
so as to reach on or before 20th June 2019 by 5 pm.”
On the envelope of application at the top left, please write “Application for Course on Appreciation of Documentary Films”. Incomplete applications and applications received after due date & time will be rejected.
(14) Medium of Instructions: English – Hindi.
(15) Short-listing: On First – Come – First – Served basis. Selected candidates/ their parents would be communicated by email/ phone. Course fees of the selected candidates will be non – refundable. Demand Drafts of all non – selected candidates would be returned within 07 days of the commencement of the course.
(16) Certificates: On successful completion of the course, participants would be given participation certificates subject to 90% attendance.
(17) Queries: For queries email to firstname.lastname@example.org