Foundation Course in Screen Acting at New Delhi from 05th to 24th July 2019
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT) initiative, in association with Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi, announces 20 days Foundation Course in Screen Acting at New Delhi.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Dates: 05th to 24th July 2019 (20 days including Saturdays & Sundays)
(2) Timings: 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
(3) No. of participants: 24 (Course will be conducted only if minimum strength of 20 is reached)
(4) Age: Participants must be 18 years or above in age as on 01st July 2019
(5) Nationality: Indian
(6) Venue: IIMC, New JNU Campus, Aruna Asif Ali Road, New Delhi – 110 067
(7) Fees: Rs 30,000/- per participant (Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Film & TV Institute of India, Pune”, and must be payable at Pune)
(8) Last date to apply: 17th June 2019 by 4 pm
(9) Course Director: Ms Anita Salim
(10) How to apply: Download application form from websites of FTII or IIMC. Fill in all details, attach required Demand Draft and send it by speed post/ courier or deliver it in person to
Shri Gaurav Nagpal,
Office of Additional Director General,
Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC),
JNU New Campus, Aruna Asif Ali Road,
New Delhi – 110 067
so as to reach on or before 17th June 2019 by 4 pm.”
On envelope of application at top left, write “Application for Foundation Course in Screen Acting”. Incomplete applications, applications without required Demand Draft, applications received after due date & time etc will be rejected.
(11) Medium of Instructions: The medium of instruction would be mainly English and partly Hindi. Participants are expected to have adequate knowledge of English and/ or Hindi as regards to reading, writing & speaking.
(12) Selection Criteria: First – Come – First – Served basis. However, course will be conducted only if the minimum strength of 20 participants is reached. Selected candidates would be communicated by email. Course fees of the selected candidates will be non – refundable under any circumstances. Demand Drafts of non–selected candidates would be returned within 07 days.
(13) Certificates: All participants would be given participation certificate on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(14) Accommodation: Limited accommodation (on first come first served basis) in IIMC Hostel is available for the participants on additional lumpsum payment which will be excluding meals. Participants may have their breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea/ coffee in hostel mess on payment basis. The hostel accommodation will be available from 04th July 2019 4 pm to 25th July 2018 11 am. The details of hostel charges are as stated below;
|No.||Type of room||Charges|
|01||Double/ Triple Sharing – Non AC||
Rs 3,000/- per person
|02||Single Occupancy – AC||Rs 20,000/- per person|
|03||Twin Sharing – AC||Rs 10,000/- per person|
Interested participants need to intimate the same in the application form and also need to make additional payment in advance (online – on the spot) at the Registration Desk at IIMC at-least a day before commencement of the course. Please note that all participants opting for hostel accommodation will need to follow IIMC hostel rules.
(15) Queries: For queries, if any, please email to Prof. Sandeep Shahare on email@example.com
(16) Course Contents: The Course would have basics of Screen Acting covering introductory modules on (1) Rasa Theory & exercises, (2) Sense memory & exercises, (3) Imagination, (4) Voice culture, (5) Movement, (6) Play back, (7) Improvisation, (8) Monologue, (9) Diction and (10) Masterclass with Guest Faculty.
It may please be noted that these topics are indicative in nature and may be changed/ omitted etc.