Online Course: Basics of Moving Images for Storytelling from 15th to 26th Feb. 2021
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its FTII_Online initiative announces Online Course: Basics of Moving Images for Storytelling. Although, the course will be conducted online, it will be conducted from FTII, Pune.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Name of the Course: Basics of Moving Images for Storytelling (Online)
(2) Dates: 15th to 26th Feb. 2021 (10 days, except Saturday & Sunday)
Saturday & Sunday is kept for offline activity i.e Practical Home Work will be given.
(3) Duration: Daily 04 hrs, in-total 40 hours
(4) Timings: 10.30 am to 12.30 pm & 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm (Indian Standard Time – IST)
(5) Max. no. of participants: 24 (Course will be conducted only if min. strength of 20 participants is reached)
(6) Age:16 years & above as on 01st Feb. 2021 (participants born on or before 31st Jan. 2005)
(7) Educational Qualification: SSC (10th std. pass).
(8) Pre Course Requirement: The participants need to have Artistic Mind, Enthusiasm and keen interest to learn the Art & Craft of capturing moving images with their cameras.
(9) Online Platform: Google Classroom & Google Meet platform
(10) Medium of Instructions: English & Hindi
(11) Instructional Mode: Online Lectures/ Screening/ Practical Demos & Homework
(12) Per Participant Course fee:
(a) For Indian Nationals: Rs 12,000/- (base fee = Rs 10,169/- and GST = Rs 1,831/-)
(b) For Foreigners including NRI, OCI etc. and also those who are presently staying outside India: Rs 36,000/- (base fee = Rs 30,508/- and GST = Rs 5,492/-).
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
(13) Mode of payment: Online through SBI Collect (along with application form).
(14) Due date & time to submit application: 18th Jan 2021, 6 pm IST. Application submitted after due date & time will not be considered.
(15) Selection Criteria: On First – Come – First – Served Basis. Selection emails will be sent to all the selected participants.
(16) Online platform: FTII will be using “Google Classroom” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class including login id & password will be shared with each selected participant in the selection email.
(17) Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate.
(18) MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities;
(i) A good quality Mobile phone camera or video camera or DSLR with HD Capturing facility for offline work.
(ii) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 8 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(iii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iv) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(v) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(vi) Compatible HD webcam
(vii) Internet pack of minimum 5 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(viii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
(19) Course Director: Mr. Bharat Nerkar
• Education :BSc. (Hons.)
Diploma in Cinema in Motion Picture Photography (1974-77) from Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
• Professional Experience :
Cinematographer / DOP for many Television Drama Serials like “CHUNAUTI”, “MUZRIM HAAZIR”, “HUMRAHI”, “MAHANAGAR”, “CAMPUS”, “AMANAT”, “ADHANTARI”, “SARJA-RAJA”, “CHALLENGE” etc.
Directed a Telefilm “Dewachiye Dwari”(Marathi / 70 Mins. For DDK Mumbai).
Directed a TV serial Crime Thriller in Marathi “Apradhi Kon?” for ETV Marathi Channel.
Producer & Director for Short films / Docudrama like “Nayee Subah”for SBI & “Konkan che Darshan”for NCFC.
Cinematographer for NFDC Feature Film ”Maguni Ra Sagoda”(Oriya,/ 2001/ 35 mm Colour)
• Teaching Experience :
12 years of Teaching Experience at Film and Television Institute of India (TV Wing) in Electronic Cinematography Department as Associate Professor. Designed and conducted more than 30 short courses in “Basic Videography” and “Basic Digital Cinematography” at FTII, Pune.
(20) How to apply:
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/ Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “Basics of Moving Images for Storytelling (Online)”.
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 12,000/- OR Rs 36,000/- as the case may be.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached. Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
(21) Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
(22) Communication with participants: All communications with the participants will be carried out through email only. List of shortlisted participants may be published on FTII and selection email will be sent to the selected participants on their registered email id.
(23) Certificates: All participants would be given participation e-certificates on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(24) Queries: For any queries please contact Mr. Milind Joshi on email@example.com OR on 9423889494
Course Details/ Objectives
• The Short Course is very useful for the beginners & fresh learners.
• The main objective is to make participants understand the basic creative aspects of the Art & Craft of capturing moving images for visual story telling.
• To make them learn to change their normal perspective to “see” an object while looking through the camera lense.
• To understand the basic process of visual perception (Human), and its relation with Visual Imagery.
• To ignite the hidden creative imagination of the participants for capturing meaningful images by using Camera as a creative tool.
• To make them understand the importance of Nature’s observation in terms of Natural shapes , forms, light & colours for creating Visual Imagery (with any digital Camera).
• To understand the importance of every day practice of this Visual Art by using a movie camera, to develop skill and change in perception to improve visual literacy for better communication.