Basic Film Orientation Course (07 days) at G H Raisoni University, Amravati, Maharashtra
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Pune under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT), in association with G H Raisoni University, Amravati announces Basic Film Orientation Course at G H Raisoni University campus, G H Raisoni Nagar, Anjangaon Bari Road, Amravati, Maharashtra.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Dates & Duration: 16th to 22nd Sept. 2019 & 07 days
(2) Timings: 10 am to 5 pm
(3) No. of participants: 40 (Course will be conducted only if minimum strength of 30 is reached)
(4) Age: Participants must be 18 years or above in age as on 01st Sept. 2019
(5) Nationality: Indian
(6) Venue: G H Raisoni University campus, G H Raisoni Nagar, Anjangaon Bari Road, Amravati
(7) Fees: Rs 8,300/- per participant
(8) Mode of Payment: Online (NEFT) OR through Demand Draft.
(9) Name of Faculty Member (Course Director): Shri Ritesh Taksande
Ritesh Taksande is working in the media industry for the past 10 years as Director, Cinematographer, Film-Maker and Media Educator. He has worked on many national and international film projects including the famous Disney’s Planes II – Fire and Rescues (Feature Film) as Sequence Producer and Shaktimaan – The Animated (TV – Series Season 1) as Production Manager. He worked on Films VFX on Jupiter Ascending, Baaji, Classmate. He was Line Producer – Screenyug Creation Pvt. Ltd. Pune.
His films have been nominated in many International film festivals for short films on social issues. He received International award at the ASCRS Scientific Film 2016, USA. Special screening of his short film “Who is Responsible” was done at the Pune International Film Festival 2014.
He is resource person to conduct Film Making sessions for: (1) Children Film Society of India (Govt. of India), (2) Vigyan Prasar (DST – Govt. of India), (3) Film & Television Institute of India (FTII – Govt. of India) and (4) Many International School, MBA Colleges, & Mass Media Colleges across the country.
(10) Course Contents: The course introduces fundamental technology, theory, history, techniques and applications of film making & photography. It includes artistic & aesthetic analysis of student created short films. It would also focus on understanding the creative eye behind the camera and how to develop the skill of storytelling using Camera.
The course objectives are (1) Understand concept to script writing, (2) Understand basic camera operations, (3) Understand basic cinema language, (4) Understand basics of Editing & Post Production, (5) Understand proper archive & techniques and (6) Finally, making of a film of around 03 minutes duration, in a group, as final exercise.
Initially, participants will be having few theory classes followed by hands-on practical exercises using camera, lights, reflectors, microphones etc leading to a final project. More than 70% of the course is practical orientated exposing participants to the film making process.
(11) Last date & time to apply: 13th Sept. 2019 by 5 pm
(12) How to apply: Participants can either apply ONLINE or OFFLINE.
(a) Online: Transfer course fees of Rs 8,300/- through NEFT to G H Raisoni University Amravati , A/c No. 0510102000018249, IFSC: IBKL0000510, Bank: IDBI Bank. Please note the NEFT Transaction id. Take a print-out of application form from FTII website (www.ftiindia.com) or G H Raisoni University website (www.ghru.edu.in/amravati), fill-in all the details including NEFT Transaction id, NEFT Transaction Bank etc & sign the application form. Scan this application form and email it to email@example.com at the earliest. Please note that no application form will be accepted without NEFT Transaction id, name of NEFT Transaction bank and signature as stated above.
(b) Offline: Draw a Demand Draft of Rs 8,300/- in favour of “G H Raisoni University Amravati”. Take a print-out of application form from the FTII website (www.ftiindia.com) or from G H Raisoni University website (www.ghru.edu.in/amravati). Fill in all the details, attach said Demand Draft and Speed Post/ Courier OR deliver it in person to;
Dr. Sophia Ansari,
G H Raisoni University,
Corporate office: Shradha House,
Nagpur – 440 013
so as to reach on or before 13th Sept. 2019.
On envelope of application at top left, write “Application for Basic Film Orientation Course”. Incomplete applications, applications without required Demand Draft/ online course fee, applications received after due date & time etc will be rejected.
(13) Medium of Instructions: The medium of instruction would be English and Hindi. Participants are expected to have adequate knowledge of English and/ or Hindi as regards to reading, writing & speaking.
(14) Selection Criteria: First – Come – First – Served basis. However, course will be conducted only if the minimum strength of 30 participants is reached.
All the selected candidates would be communicated by email. Once admission is offered, the same cannot be cancelled. Course fee of selected candidates is non – refundable. Course fees of all non – selected candidates would be returned within 04 days.
(15) Certificates: All participants would be given participation certificate on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(16) Accommodation & other arrangements for outstation participants: Limited accommodation (on first come first served basis) in G H Raisoni University campus hostel, G H Raisoni Nagar, Anjangaon Bari Road, Amravati on triple sharing basis is available for outstation participants on additional lump sum payment of Rs 4,500/- per participant for the entire course duration which will be inclusive of breakfast, lunch & dinner in the mess. In the same cost, University will also provide laundry facility. Further, the University will also provide a rent free pickup in a mini bus from Nagpur (Sharddha House, near Nagpur Railway Station) on 15th Sept. 2019 at 2 pm to the University campus and will also drop at the same place (Nagpur) on 23rd Sept. at around 1 pm. Outstation participants may please make their travel arrangements accordingly.
Interested participants need to intimate the hostel requirement in the application form and also need to make additional payment in advance in cash at the Registration Desk at Venue at-least a day before commencement of the course.
(17) Queries: For any queries email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 09923242654 (Prof. Sandeep Shahare, FTII Pune) preferably on weekdays between 10 am to 6 pm. Participants may also send message/ Whasapp on the same number. As regards to hostel facilities, status of application form etc, please call Dr. Sophia Ansari from G H Raisoni University, on 09657724055 preferably on weekdays between 10 am to 6 pm.