Online Course – Basic Course in Art Direction & Production Design in Cinema from 02nd to 06th Aug. 2021
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune under its ‘FTII Online’ initiative, announces Online Course – Basic Course in Art Direction & Production Design in Cinema. The course will be conducted by the Department of Art Direction & Production Design, FTII, Pune.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Name of the Course: Basic Course in Art Direction & Production Design in Cinema (Online)
(2) Dates: 16th to 20th Aug. 2021 (05 days)
(3) Timings:10.30 am to 12.30 pm and 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm (Indian Standard Time – IST)
(4) Max. no. of participants: 40 (Course will be conducted only if min. strength of 32 participants is reached)
(5) Age:18 years &above as on 01st Aug. 2021 (participants born on or before 31st July 2003)
(6) Educational Qualification: HSC (12th pass). In exceptional cases, 10th pass may be considered
(7) Online Platform: Google Classroom & Google Meet platform
(8) Medium of Instructions: Mainly English & Partly Hindi
(9) Per Participant Course fee:
(a) For Indian Nationals: Rs 3,900/- (base fee = Rs 3,305/- and GST = Rs 595/-)
(b) For Foreigners including NRI, OCI etc. and also those Indian Nationals who are presently staying outside India: Rs 11,700/- (base fee = Rs 9,915/-/- and GST = Rs 1,785/-).
Course fee of selected participants will be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non – selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
(10) Mode of payment: Online through SBI Collect (along with application form).
(11) Due date & time to submit application: 2nd Aug 2021, 6 pm IST. Application submitted after due date & time will not be considered.
(12) Selection Criteria: On First – Come – First – Served Basis.List of selected participants will be published on our website and selection emails will also be sent to all the selected participants.
(13) Online platform: FTII will be using “Google Classroom” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class including login id & password will be shared with each selected participant in the selection email.
(14) Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate.
(15) MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:
Since the course is online, participants must have following facilities;
(i) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 4 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(ii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iii) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(iv) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic
(v) Compatible HD webcam
(vi) Internet pack of minimum 5 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(vii) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
(16) Course Director: Ashutosh Kavishwar
Ashutosh Kavishwar specializes in Art Direction and Indology. He completed his Graduation in Fine Arts (Applied Arts) from Sir J J School of Arts, Bombay University in 1995 and Masters of Arts (Indology) from Tilak Maharashtra University in 2016. He completed his P G Diploma in Cinema (Art Direction) form the Film & Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, in 1998. He worked in Industry for 04 years as Assistant/ Associate Art Director and Art Director for Films, TV Serials & TV commercials.
He is Member Board of Studies (BoS) for Bachelor of Design program (B. Des.), Pune University. He was Jury for Prabhat Puraskar – Awarded for Marathi Films during year 2013, 2014, 2015 and is Life Member of Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, Pune. He is also Member of Association of Cine and Television Art Director & Costume Designer.
He had conducted number of short courses & workshops for Architecture students & Cinema students of many Universities & Institutes in India. He is presently working as Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Art Direction & Production Design in FTII Pune and is having in-total 23 years of professional & teaching experience.
(17) How to apply:
1. Click open the link - https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm OR visit www.onlinesbi.com and further click on “SB Collect” which is at the top left, vertically 06th from left to right.
2. Read the “Terms Used”, then tick/ click on the ‘check box’ and further click on “Proceed”
3. Select All India in State of Corporate / Institution, then select Educational Institutions in Type of Corporate/ Institution and click Go.
4. Search/Find FTII Fees Account in Educational institutions name and click submit.
5. In the payment category select “B2 B. C. Art Direction Production Design in Cinema”.
6. Fill-up the application form with requisite details and proceed for payment.
7. Make necessary payment of Rs 3,900/- OR Rs 11,700/- as the case may be.
8. Once payment is done, please note "SBcollect Reference Number" (mentioned in payment confirmation receipt). This may be required for future reference.
9. If possible, digitally store the receipt of payment. This can be carried out in one of the following ways;
(i) by taking printout of receipt of payment, scan & save it
(ii) by taking screenshot of payment (if using mobile) or printscreen (if using computer)
(iii) by simply taking a photograph from mobile
10. No document/ certificate related to educational qualification, age etc. is to be attached.Participants’ self – declaration in the application form is sufficient.
11. Terms & conditions: By agreeing to the terms & conditions in the application form, participants are confirming that they have read & understood the website advt. They are eligible to apply and fulfil all the requirements as stated in the advt. Further, participants agree that decision of FTII Director regarding admission to the course and its conduction will be final.
Further to add in this, it is expected of the participants that during the class they must mute their mics but keep their cameras on unless otherwise instructed. Keeping camera off throughout the class or not heeding to instructions to switch on the camera will be seen as an act of indiscipline and will lead to expulsion from the Course and forfeiture of the Course fee. Decision of FTII Director regarding conducting the course in all respects will be final.
(18) Communication with participants: All communications with the participants will be carried out through email only. List of shortlisted participants may be published on FTII website and selection email will be sent to the selected participants on their registered email id.
(19) Certificates: All participants would be given participation e-certificates on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(20) Queries: For any queries please contact Madhulika on email@example.com
To orient and spread awareness of Art Direction and Production Design, an integral aspect of Film making process.
To begin with an introduction to Art Direction and Production Design, the course will elucidate the role and contribution of an Art Director and Production Designer in entire film making process.
It will be followed with unfolding the various stages of work process from script to execution supported with an overview of the structure of Art Department, the expertise and specialized manpower involved.
The course enriches with an understanding of History and progression of Art Direction and Production Design in Indian Cinema and World Cinema along with the significance of Compositing and VFX in the field of Art Direction and Production Design.